This rare ceiling light was custom-made for Casa Ravelli, Milan, Italy, in 1959. With two lights, each in opaline glass suspended from a brass structure asymmetrically balanced by a circular painted shape at the opposite end. This ceiling lamp reflects the principles of Studio BBPR’s practice through simple and harmonious forms and the use of new materials resulting from recent industrial innovations.
Studio BBPR was an architectural and design studio established in Milan in 1932 by Gian Luigi Banfi, Lodovico Barbiano di Belgiojoso, Enrico Peressutti, and Ernesto Nathan Rogers, whose first letter of their last name makes ‘BBPR.’ The studio became an influential artistic and intellectual entity of Italian rationalism, embracing the philosophical concept of ‘ideal’ proportions.
“Un arredamento a Milano”, Domus, n. 355, juin 1959, p. 23.
M. Martignoni, “A BBPR masterpiece of elegance,” Casa Vogue, n. 39, April 2013, n.p.
Ships from Paris. Requires Export License and Cultural Property Certificate (CBC) to leave the European Union. For further information, please enquire.