This policy will explain areas of this Website that may affect your privacy and personal details, how we process, collect, manage and store those details and how your rights under the GDPR, DPA & PECR are adhere to.
This policy contains terms that have a specific meaning (e.g. recipient, personal data, data subject, processing, controller, processor). For a better understanding, you can read their definition in Article 4 of the GDPR.
We may collect and use Users personal data for the following purposes:
– To improve customer service:
Information you provide helps us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently (including our after sales service).
This processing is based on the performance of our contract with you (when it comes to answering your questions) or our legitimate interest in improving our product/services.
– To personalize user experience:
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Website.
This processing is based on our legitimate interest in knowing our customers to improve our product/services or, when applicable, your consent (e.g. to the deposit of cookies).
– To manage our Website:
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
This processing is based on our legitimate interest in knowing our customers to improve our product/services.
We may also analyse its traffic and optimise User’s experience.
This processing is based on our legitimate interest in improving our Website or, where applicable, your consent.
– To process orders and payments:
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order.
This processing is based on the performance of our contract with you.
– To manage Accounts and Wishlist.
You may want to open an account on the Website to facilitate orders and manage your Wishlist of product.
This processing is based on the performance of our contract with you (managing Account) and on our legitimate interest in improving our product/services.
– To allow you to share some content on social media.
There may be instances where our Website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page.
This processing is based on your consent. Regarding this processing, we may act as joint controllers with social media for some of the processing activities (only the collection and transmission).
– To manage our bookkeeping:
We have to keep some of your personal data to fulfil our tax and accounting obligations.
This processing is based on a legal obligation to which we are subject.
– To manage your potential requests to exercise your rights on your personal data:
As outlined below, you have certain rights over your personal data. To exercise them, you will have to provide us with information that we will process.
This processing is based on a legal obligation to which we are subject.
– To display advertising when you visit some of our business partners, such as social networks.
When you visit our business partners websites, we might ask them to display advertising to you.
This processing is based on your consent.
– To send you periodic emails:
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order.
Your email address is also used to:
– respond to their inquiries, questions, or any other requests,
– send you newsletters for exclusive updates on exhibitions, events, artworks and more,
– send you personalised recommendations, including promotions, alerts (on your wishlist by example) and information that we believe you might find interesting.
We operate an email mailing list program, used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish. Users can subscribe through an online automated process where they have given their explicit permission. Subscribers can unsubscribe for one or all subscription, at any time through an automated online service, or if not available, other means as detailed in the footer of sent marketing messages. The type and content of marketing messages subscribers receive, and if it may contain third party content, is clearly outlined at the point of subscription.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
This processing is based on your consent (for newsletters or for promotional information if you are not yet customer), our contract with you (to send you information pertaining to your order) or our legitimate interest in communicating with you (to answer your various inquiries, questions and/or requests or to send you promotional information if you are a customer).
– To implement our anti money laundering policy.
You can learn more on this policy following this link. This processing is based on a legal obligation to which we are subject.
We collect information:
1. Directly, through an action of your part. This is the case when:
– you place an order on the Website,
– you create a Wishlist,
– you register for our newsletter and other communication content,
– you interact with us through our “contact” page.
In these cases, we let you know when the provision of your personal data is mandatory.
If you do not provide us with this “mandatory” information we cannot ensure that we will be able to fulfil your request or enter into a contract with you.
2. That we get from our relationship (e.g. data relating to your orders)
3. Automatically, when you consent to us placing tracking tools (such as web bugs, hidden identifiers, tracking cookies) on your terminal.
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others.
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
From a general point of view, we share your personal data with the following recipients:
– In-house: to the teams in charge of the processing operations identified above, within the framework of their functions
– To third party service providers to help us operate our business, fulfil our contractual obligations (specifically for product delivery or online payment) and the Website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters. We share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes.
– To other third parties if such disclosure is required by law, regulation or court order or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to potential claims or protect the security of your personal data or your / our rights.
Your personal data may be disclosed to some recipients located or hosting data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
In the event that your personal data is transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area that have not been subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we undertake to put in place appropriate safeguards (principally by signing of European Commission standard contractual clauses with the recipient) or rely on an derogation provided for in GDPR.
In any case, you can obtain more information on the transfers outside the EU that may be carried out and obtain a copy of the potential safeguards put in place on request (cf. contact information above).
Thereafter, it may be archived for as long as we may need to establish proof of a right or a contract or for a legally dictated period.
You will be able to assert the following rights by contacting us at the address / email address indicated above:
– Right to request access to your data.
You can always ask us what personal data we process about you and how we process it, as well as an access to/a copy of that data
– Right to rectification
You can always ask us to correct personal data that we process about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
– Right to erasure(“right to be forgotten”)
In some cases (e.g. you withdraw your consent, object the processing of your data or if they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed,) you can ask us to delete the personal data we process about you. We may however not answer positively to your request (e.g. if we must keep your data to comply with a legal obligation or if we need to keep it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims)
– Right to data portability.
When we process your data based on your consent or your contract with us and it is carried out by automated means, you can ask us to send you or a third party a copy of it.
– Right to restriction of processing
In some cases (e.g. you contest the accuracy of your personal data, you objected to their processing and we need to check if we must stop the processing or not), you can ask us to restrict the processing of your data, which means that, with the exception of storage, it may only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person, or for important reasons of public interest.
– Right to object the processing.
You can ask us to stop processing your personal data, particularly for prospecting purposes. However, in some cases (e.g. when we must keep processing it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims), we will not be able to answer favourably to your request.
– Right to set out instructions on what to do with your personal data after your death.
You may provide us with, change or revoke specific instructions regarding the retention, deletion and disclosure of personal data that we process about you after your death.
You also have a right to withdraw your consent at any time. With regard to processing based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out prior to its withdrawal.
A copy of an ID may be requested if we have a doubt about your identity.
Finally, you may also fill a complaint to the specific authority dealing with personal data regulation (France: www.cnil.fr)